A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our Aberdeen based client on a full time permanent basis.
To undertake the repair, service and calibration of Company equipment within the Aberdeen Workshop and Warehouse, to meet agreed timescales, quality standards and internal/external expectations.
The Role and Role Specific Competencies
- To undertake complex and standard repairs, services and the calibration of Company equipment, some of which will be to component level whilst ensuring maximum operational effectiveness by meeting all timescales and quality standards through appropriate prioritisation of workload, effective equipment, adequate stock levels and use of Company systems, i.e. Syspro
- To provide accurate and timely repair quotations and log them using the Syspro ERP system.
- To liaise with and advise customer’s technical representatives on the status of repair whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- To facilitate the day-to-day work of the Trainee Workshop Technician by providing
guidance, technical support and imparting knowledge to ensure that all outputs are in line with Company and customer quality processes, procedures and standards
- To provide support to the Workshop Supervisor in generating weekly management information covering levels of activities, i.e. status of repairs etc. and general operational issues
- To escalate to the Workshop Supervisor and the necessary internal departments, any issues impacting on delivery, local operational efficiency and/or customer satisfaction and provide technical advice on how the issues may be resolved
- To understand and ensure compliance with all Company and customer quality processes and procedures and proactively participate in generating quality improvement initiatives throughout the Workshop and Warehouse operations.
- Travel required, offshore training and regular medical all required
Essential Skills & Experience
- Good communication skills
- Good report writing skills
- Proven experience of mechanical assembly
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read writing diagrams and schematics
- Experience of repairing and assembling PCBs
- Ability to lift between 18kg to 25kg
- HNC/HND in Electronics
- Valid driving license for use in the UK
- Technical curiosity (desirable)
- Extensive knowledge of Sonardyne products (desirable)
- Experience of delegating work and providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team (desirable)
- Able to solder to IPC J-STD-001 standard (desirable)
- Able to debug circuits at resistor, capacitor, transistor and IC level (desirable)
Those who are interested in this position, should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org