We have an opportunity for an experienced Subsurface Applications Support Analyst who will be accountable for the support and management of our customer’s geoscience and reservoir engineering applications. Most systems supported are used for exploration, production and drilling, however, support and management of other related applications and interfaces are also required.
Here’s what your new role will look like…
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support for geoscience and reservoir engineering applications and services, the functional areas being mainly being Geological, Geophysical and Reservoir Engineering
- Support users by providing workflow and data support where required, including maintenance of data integration layers and interfaces
- Work with 3rd party vendors to ensure services meet business requirements, providing contract management support where necessary
- Work with the business and IT to understand and communicate the implications of change control
- Provide out of hours support via an on-call rota when required for business activities such as Geosteering
To be considered for this opportunity you should be able to demonstrate…
- Previous direct IT experience as a systems administrator of major GGRE related software tools such as the Landmark suite, Schlumberger’s Petrel and Eclipse
- Exposure of other Geo-technical applications and wells/drilling tools
- Experience with GGRE data types and general knowledge of technical data management
- Systems administration experience of Linux and Microsoft Windows platforms
- Experience of shell and windows scripting
- Experience of Databases (Oracle and MS-SQL)
- Experience of LSF and Enginframe
- Highly developed influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, self-reliant, problem solver.
- Enthusiastic with a questioning and challenging attitude
- Analytical, planning and organisation competency.
- Troubleshooting Skills.