Our Aberdeen Based client is currently looking for am IS Audit & Compliance Analyst to join their team on a 6-12-month contract
Purpose of Role:
- Responsible for the audit, compliance and assurance function within the client and ensuring security or regulatory risks are reduced to an acceptable level.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and the clients HSEQ procedures
Areas of Responsibility Competence Level:
- The role is accountable for the continued adherence to the clients IS control framework (ISCF), providing audit, compliance and assurance to the IS function.
- Provide direction & development of the IS audit, assurance and compliance function within the client.
- Design, lead and manage the strategic and operational vision of the IS Control framework ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy and objectives, whilst adhering to regulatory compliance and achieving commercial success (e.g. financial controls).
- To manage and assist in the development of policies, processes & procedures to ensure secure and safe IS operations which align to core business functions such as finance.
- Ensuring that the audit tests, self-certifications and audit reviews are relevant, consistent and conducted in accordance with professionally accepted auditing standards.
- Own, develop and implement the business impact assessment process and ensure full alignment to the IS BIA and DR capabilities.
- Test processes and controls according to the operation procedures in order to assess the design, adequacy and effectiveness of processes and controls deployed in order to meet regulatory compliance.
- Identify and document control failings, process and system improvements, and the effectiveness of the business controls, agreeing action plans to remediate when necessary.
- Supervise development of (and ensure compliance with) corporate security policies, standards and procedures
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish an IS security risk management assurance program
- Audit existing systems and provide comprehensive risk assessments including relevant design and operational effectiveness considerations.
Qualifications and experience:
- CISM, CISA preferred
- Audit Experience (including any qualifications/certifications)
- Computing Science degree, B.Sc. or M.Sc. or comparable education or documented relevant experience of working in similar role for a production & operations facing IS organisation
- Previous IS oil and gas experience