Our Client, a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor headquartered in Aberdeen are looking for a Head of Electrical Services to join on a permanent basis.
The Head of Electrical Services is the senior discipline specialist within the company and is the recognized expert for the Electrical, Automation & Control disciplines and will be responsible for these on a global level. The Head of Electrical Services will report directly to the Head of Engineering.
The Head of Electrical Services will support regional Engineering Teams and the Technical Services Group by ensuring best practice is shared in all global areas of the business and that projects are delivered to the highest technical and safety standards.
Essential Job Functions
- Overall responsibility for Electrical, Automation & Control discipline teams and activities
- To manage the Electrical and Automation & Control Team Leaders
- To lead innovation and to initiate continuous improvement in a people business by promoting training and development of subordinates
- Carry out periodic appraisals of engineers within the Electrical, Automation & Control Project Teams
- The Head of Electrical Services will be responsible for ensuring the Electrical, Automation and Control Project Teams are at optimum manning levels to meet business demands
- To be responsible for the recruitment process for electrical, automation & control Engineers
- To support and participate in audits of applicable engineering processes and procedures
Key Performance Indicators
- Evidence of leading teams and promoting training and development of teams
- Experience of periodic appraisals of engineers within the assigned Electrical Project Teams
- Evidence of competence assessment of electrical discipline personnel, including at interview, pre-employment assessment and during performance appraisals
- Experience in developing Engineering systems and processes
- Experience in Workplace Safety Reviews
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in an electrical/electronic engineering discipline, backed up in a technical leadership/management role
- Experience in developing new business in line with company strategy