We are supporting our Client, a financial and insurance services business, in their search for an experienced Commercial Account Handler. This is a full-time, permanent role, based in Oldmeldrum, Aberdeenshire. The role has the scope to progress into an Account Executive position in the future.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Account Executive and accompany on client visits where necessary
- New Business and Renewal Broking [adopting defensive strategies]
- Discuss Strategy with and prepare accurate submissions for Insurers
- Prepare Reports for New Business and Renewals in advance of client meeting, assuring all deadlines are met
- Provide support service to a broad range of both Commercial & Corporate Clients.
- Day to day contact for clients handling all queries/amendments
- Keeping internal systems up to date at all times
Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of general insurance contracts & cover within
- Preferably knowledge of Acturis system including accurate preparation of reports & presentations
- Incumbent to obtain insurance industry qualifications as appropriate to job and maintain knowledge as required by CII via CPD record
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients, insurers and colleagues
- Ability to prioritise tasks/workload to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of FCA regulations and compliance