Excellent opportunity for a Business Continuity Advisor. This is a contract position based in Aberdeen to work within an academic establishment.
The Business Continuity Advisor will provide leadership in assessing, reviewing, developing and communicating the Clients Emergency Response procedures, the institutional Emergency Management Plan and associated Recovery plans.
- Review, develop and continually improve institutional and local Emergency Response and Business Continuity plans to ensure these are aligned with institutional requirements and best practice, and are fit for purpose
- Develop a crisis management framework and associated business continuity activity including coordination of a structured programme of scenario-based exercising and provision of other training. Will be required to respond to emergency incidents in accordance with these frameworks
- Develop and maintain a central repository of approved and exercised Business Continuity and Incident Response plans and processes across the business to ensure ease of access by approved stakeholders at the time of need
- Develop and maintain the Client’s Incident and Crisis Management website, materials and infrastructure, anticipating and acting on changing requirements
- Developing and delivering bespoke training for staff at all levels (up to and including Senior Management) to assist them to understand their roles in the context of ER and BC, and to ensure practice responding to major incidents
- The post holder will work closely with and support the Advisory Group of Business Continuity and Resilience, and drive forward the implementation of institutional plans and policies by managing the work of local Business Continuity Coordinators across the institution
- Liaison with external networks and partner organisations
In order to be considered for this opportunity you must be able to demonstrate:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant subject.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in the application of ISO 22301:2012 Business continuity management standard in a large complex organisation
- Certified qualification / training in Business continuity management
- Familiarity with HEBCoN
- The ability to deliver authoritative and independent advice, making practical and realistic judgements on issues affecting the development and delivery of effective business continuity and emergency response plans within the client
- A good level of IT literacy with Microsoft applications such as outlook, word, excel, power point, publisher etc.
- Ability to design, prepare and deliver appropriate in house training and also external courses