Our client a global oil and gas leader are looking for a Business Analyst - Project Accounting & Cost Control to work in a customer facing role, supporting users of the GEOS World (Oracle ERP) application across a global domain. The Business Analyst will be required to liaise with the system users and business representatives, as well as system development and support teams to identify, progress and deliver value added change and request fulfilment.
- Identify & review business process opportunities, documenting As-Is and To-Be process flows.
- Act as a key point of contact and specialist knowledge resource for ERP users and stakeholders in the supported functional area.
- Provide guidance, instructions and assistance to peers deploying related applications, changes, interfaces or processes.
- Provide input and support for both UAT and URT, working with BPOs and Key Users to prepare and execute effective test scenarios and scripts.
- Provide Knowledge Transfer documentation, Training and assistance to all user levels where required.
- Build, develop and maintain constructive working relationships with Business and IT stakeholders.
- Promote an awareness of the PowerBI capabilities and foster increased up-take of the reporting tools.
- Liaise with the Business Process Owners (BPOs) and Key Users from all entities in the supported region.
- Ensure that both day-to-day and long-term business priorities are effectively communicated to development and support teams.
- Be directly involved in new GEOS deployments, working with the deployment team to deliver end user training and support User Acceptance Testing for the new entities.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Work with BPOs and Key Users to ensure that business requirements are properly understood, documented and communicated, using meetings, workshops, etc
- Work closely with the Change Analyst & Test Coordinator to ensure effective deployment of change.
- Facilities the liaison between the key entities and the teams to prepare and get ready for end to end expectations, support team, tools, etc.
- Follow the IDS Change Process to ensure change deployments meet Compliance team expectations
- Participate in on-going training & development
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with Domain ERP System Analysts
- Establish & maintain positive working relationships with domain Business Process Owners, Key Users and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide guidance and instructions and assist peers with new ERP related applications interfaces and processes.
- Provide Knowledge Transfer documentation, Training and assistance to key users and end users as required
- Participate in reviews, validations and developments of functional specifications
- Responsible for the System Integration Testing & supporting User Acceptance Testing of enhancements /changes
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience working in project driven discipline
- Strong ability to learn and adapt to evolving environments
- Utilisation of a change management application
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team across a global organisation
- Business management qualification