We are working with our operator client based in Aberdeen to source a Well Intervention Specialist
This is a contract role for up 12 months
The Intervention Specialist will be required to support planning activities onshore and also fulfil a supervisory position offshore to manage intervention crews.
Projects will include supporting the companies intervention and production enhancement activities Accountabilities
• Support the companies decommissioning strategy and P&A team by planning and supervising pre-P&A work on a variety of rigs/vessels and well types.
• Support the Intervention and Production Delivery team by assisting in the planning and leading the execution of production enhancement activities.
• Ensure safe and efficient operations.
• Assist in job pre-planning onshore by offering specialist knowledge of intervention operations and equipment.
• Create and review daily operations plans to ensure all activities are completed safely and efficiently.
• Whilst offshore ensure that project schedule and cost performance are accurately tracked.
• Whilst offshore be an active member of the platform management team and ER team.
• Assist in all aspects of pre-job planning as required.
• Ensure the equipment being sent offshore is fit for purpose & in certification.
• Comply with all Global & Local, Operational Procedures and Standards.
• Identify and implement new techniques and technology to improve operations efficiency.
• Prepare procedures and work packs with input from the Intervention Superintendent and Engineers.
• Ensure QA/QC checks have been followed during purchase & shipping of materials.
• In conjunction with, Well Intervention Material & Logistics Coordinator, ensure that all equipment is supplied fit for purpose with appropriate certification.
• Comply with the Temporary Equipment Procedure for 3rd party contractors.
• Complete MOPS prior to operation if required.
• Contract management.
• Provide weekend duty cover as per schedule Offshore
• Provide direct supervision during all operational phases of P&A and well intervention work.
• Manage the performance of offshore team members.
• Effectively manage simultaneous operations.
• Constantly pursue efficient operations to continue learning curve.
• Ensure operations are implemented within time schedule and budget according to operational programmes and work procedures.
• Coordinate in incident investigations, ensuring they are thorough with comprehensive actions.
• Develop and implement operational procedures, including contingency and emergency procedures (well control etc).
• Ensure that change is managed and implemented appropriately.
• Verify that equipment is fit for purpose and crews are competent (through audit, inspection, contract management).
• Perform safety audits at the work location.
Core Technical Experience
• Solid understanding of well intervention and integrity techniques and well operations
• Excellent technical and organisational skills
• Proven track record in offshore operations with management of intervention crews
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.