Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for a Well Integrity Engineer to join their team for a contract role based in Aberdeen.
As part of a team, assist the Well Engineering Manager (TA) in the management of operated and non-operated wells by ensuring well integrity within the BU are managed safely / efficiently and comply with Policies / Standards and all relevant Government Regulations.
A Well Servicing and Well Intervention background (both platform, fixed and mobile installations) shall be considered advantageous to the role.
• Ensure compliance with Well Engineering Management System (WEMS) / Well Integrity Management System (WIMS) / HSE Management System / Well Delivery Process and all relevant Government Regulations.
• Ensure effective well records are established and maintained (SAFEWELLS). Define the safe operating envelopes for all wells and communicate these to the Asset and inform the Asset when Well Integrity and /or General Visual Inspections are required.
• For each well prepare and issue Well Integrity Testing procedures, validate the test results, maintaining the well failure model and communicating any failures, concerns and /or actions to the Asset Manager / Wells TA.
• Provide technical discipline expertise to support the BU Asset / Project Teams, and Non Operated, on all relevant Well Integrity issues, including but not limited to cost estimates, (scoping, budget and AFE’s) operational programmes, risk assessments, management of change & dispensations to standards.
• Represent and participate in Operator / Industry forums to build external relationships and learn best practices.
• Support the SCM function and manage our service providers to provide top quartile performance, identifying new technology and technical improvements.
• Liaise with the Well Examiner with regards to Well Examination and Well Integrity compliance.
• Prepare all reports (including the annual Well Integrity report) as requested by the Asset Manager / Wells TA and /or the Well Examiner.
• Support the BU with audits or requests from HSE, OGA, BEIS, Oil & Gas UK (etc,) and provide assistance with any questions / queries.
• Provide Well Servicing and Well Intervention support on an ad hoc basis, in support of the Completions and Well Integrity Team Lead.
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.