We are working with our client based in Aberdeen to source a UK I.T Manager
This is a staff position with the client
Leads the UK IT team on a day to day basis, supervising direct reports and 3rd party service providers to ensure smooth running of IT department and ensure that the Client requirements are handled effectively and on a timely basis.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective, cohesive, stable and secure core networking, connectivity and communications services, data management and processing
• Management of IT costs and budget
• Ensures systems (hardware, networks, software) remain robust, reliable and fit for purpose with a 3 year look ahead at all times
• Ensures all businesses critical systems and data have appropriate back-up with disaster recovery processes in place to ensure business continuity.
• Meet with management teams in order to collect business requirements, including ongoing projects, and drives delivery
• Communicates and participates in decision-making with management and staff
• Offers support to management with regard to IT requirements for operational and business service support.
• Compiles statistic and management reports for business line management.
• Ensures that Key Performance Indicates (KPI)’s are followed up and met.
• Contract handling and control (including management of any agreed SLAs) with external suppliers in conjunction with Procurement Manager
• Implements and monitors (predefined) security standards.
• Ensures all Group Guidelines are implemented and supports group initiated system rollouts
• Supports Regional and Group management with IT projects and reporting
• Support Digitalization Projects through active participation in technological and/or system change, providing technical support and leadership.
• Recommends efficiency benefits through improvements in technology (hardware) and electronic processing
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proven track record in a similar role, in a fast paced work environment in a large organisation essential
• Degree in relevant subject essential
• Self-starter, team player and relationship builder with solid experience interacting with senior management essential
•Commercial awareness and confidence to effectively delegate
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines essential
• Articulate with good verbal and written communication skills essential
• Good organisational skills, customer and delivery focussed, operational and commercially focussed.
• Good track record in large-scale complex projects including change management
• Projects with experience in a similar essential
Eilidh and specialises in commercial recruitment for both temporary and permanent vacancies. She enjoys working with both candidates and clients to ensure she delivers the best service possible. Call her on 01224 259430 to discuss any of the vacancies here, and to discuss your options with AAA.
Call me now on 01224 259430 to discuss this vacancy.