We are working with our client based in Aberdeen to source an experienced Technical Focal Point
Candidates should ideally have experience with pumps / rotating equipment
This is a permanent role
Responsible for the successful delivery of key maintenance contracts with focus on the coordination of repair and engineering activities on behalf of the client Objectives
• Promote HSEQ best-practice in all activities
• Ensure compliance with group/business HSEQ/Duty of Care processes and objectives
• Provide a best in class, customer-focused service in a safe, timely and efficient manner
• Manage and co-ordinate workload in order to meet business/client requirements
• Ensure technical and commercial conditions of contract are known and fully adhered to
• Establish, develop and maintain strong working relationships and regular communication with client(s)
• Work closely with other areas of the business to deliver contract requirements
• Facilitate repairs through internal workshops, spare parts supply, third-party activities & engineering requirements
• Produce management/client reports in a timely manner as required
• Utilise internal systems to manage order input, invoicing, job cost interrogation, PO requests, despatch notes/CoCs etc.
• Develop and populate regular financial reports covering invoicing, forecasts, Work in Progress (WIP) etc.
• Conduct WIP reviews (internally & with client)
• Lead quarterly and annual contract performance reviews with client
• Drive On Time Delivery (OTD) performance, manage and monitor contract defined KPIs
• Expedite potential orders to maximise financial performance
• Ensure contract compliance including, appropriate mark-ups, submission of certification, KPI tracking/management, timely invoicing, etc.
• Secure spares supply and projects work
• Attend client maintenance calls, answering pump related questions and providing guidance as required
• Project management of third-party work
• Coordinate offshore field service visits
• Host client visits to Company sites
• Conduct client visits in line with the requirements of the role
• Close out customer complaints/NCRs and warranty claims in a timely manner in line with company and client requirements
• Maintain flexibility and be able to work on projects, assignments and duties as per management requirements Education/Experience
• Preferably degree-qualified in Engineering discipline or HND/HNC-qualified with relevant practical experience (e.g. onshore/offshore maintenance).
• Experience of working within a Contract/Technical Support/Project engineering environment.
• Strong working knowledge of the repair/build methods and/or operation of rotating machinery (preferably pumps) and systems.
Mark has extremely well rounded knowledge and experience of the Aberdeen recruitment market as well as the recruitment search landscape. He supports the AAA Operations team who focus on Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Engineering, Supply Chain and Health & Safety resourcing.
Call me now on 01224 259433 to discuss this vacancy.