Our client, who are an Operator are looking to source a Technical Author to join their team in Aberdeen
This is a contract role for 6 months
To perform Technical Author and editorial services across the organisation to ensure the development and delivery of documentation with the appropriate, consistent technical content and required level of quality. In addition, to create a suite of corporate document and presentation templates in association with the appropriate functional managers.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The Technical Author will be responsible for the provision of TA and editorial services, including quality control of documentation.
• To provide a full Technical Author service including the development of business documentation
• Apply the principles of plain English
• Design and develop document templates as required
• Update documentation as required
• Provide guidance on processes and document style
• Provide training on the use of templates
• Create guidance on document creation
• Providing guidance to internal personnel on document content
• Convert documents into publish/print formatting
• To perform other duties as reasonably requested
Qualifications & Experience:
• Relevant, practical experience in a similar role, preferably within an Operator
• Proven experience as a Technical Author encompassing the development of a range of different documentation types across various subject and disciplines
Good experience in the oil industry and in depth knowledge of the associated terminology
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.