We have an opportunity for an experienced Subsea Operations Manager to join our operator client in Aberdeen on a permanent basis
• Management of all subsea inspection, repair & maintenance activities involving diving and ROV services for company’s subsea assets to safely maintain the integrity of the subsea facilities in full compliance with legislation and company standards.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Accountable for the effective delivery and performance of the onshore subsea team. Also for provision, management and optimisation of resourcing forecasts for offshore execution. Ensure skills are appropriate with correct coverage and competency can be clearly demonstrated to ensure all work is carried out in a safe manner and complies with values, golden rules and safety policies/procedures.
• Responsible for operating to the pipeline integrity management standards set and ensuring compliance and delivery and reporting against same.
• Responsible for the inspection, repair and maintenance for all subsea equipment including flow-lines, gathering lines, shipping lines, pipelines & risers and subsea Equipment including SSIVs.
• Responsible for preparation of annual work plans and budgets for activities associated with subsea (& pipelines) inspection, repair and maintenance across all facilities (spend, resources, schedule, logistics) and delivering plan against budget.
• Responsible for the definition and then attainment of an appropriate set of metrics to drive continual improvement and optimisation of subsea delivery & performance.
• Accountable for the subsea elements of the integrated asset plans. Responsible for the optimisation of subsea IRM strategies with demonstrable improvements and value add to the assets. Responsible for the control and maintenance of the cross asset subsea integrity database.
• Responsible for the control and optimisation of the inventory and spares management for subsea equipment to support delivery plans. Critical spares, holding, optimisation (both internally and vendor help) and preservation requirements in compliance.
• Accountable for the Technical Authority for subsea pipelines. This includes the role of pipeline competent person for the UK Business Unit and TA for the UK operated pipeline network defining & measuring compliance with pipeline performance standard
•Tertiary Education at a technical level (e.g. HNC, HND, Degree or MSc)
•Chartered Engineer (preferred)
•Relevant operational and subsea management/delivery experience
•Offshore survival & medical certificates - qualified to visit and work offshore
• Experience with oil and gas operations (topsides and subsea) and associated equipment classes and corresponding risks from a technical and practical stand-point.
• Experience with operational subsea IRM management, delivery and optimisation. Sound appreciation of inspection, repair and maintenance activities and techniques. Familiar with project/developments/operations and typical oil company processes.
• An experienced leader with a proven capability of effective at management of a team of highly motivated and skilled subsea & pipeline engineers to maintain and develop an essential and valuable resource for the business.
• Proactive approach to HSE and technical performance.
• An effective communicator (translate between on & offshore)
• Able to challenge the status-quo and develop their team to seek continual improvement.
• Suggest and promote innovative solutions to offshore problems. Experienced in leading change
• Knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and best practices in the subsea theatre
Should this position be of interest to you, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss this role
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.