Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for a Site Support Temporary Process Engineer to join their team for a 12 month contract role based here in Aberdeen.
Technical Identification and definition of operational and process problems.
Application of in-depth process and operational knowledge and experience to define work scopes, manage internal and sub-contracted studies, and assure quality of solutions and results.
Coordination of multidisciplinary teams to resolve complex technical problems.
Provide production engineering support to the asset SMART room and site to improve safety, reliability, efficiency, production, environmental and cost performance:
• direct technical support • technical study work
• engineering design of plant modifications Analyze and resolve production issues to achieve timely resolution and minimize production shortfalls, whilst ensuring the highest safety standards and compliance with Company / SHE policies, regulations and best practice.
Site Support Provide site operations and SMART room personnel with direct technical support as required ensuring continual cost effective improvement of process equipment in support of maximizing production safely. Analyze and resolve production / process issues utilizing appropriate techniques, liaising with asset Field Operations, Performance and Growth and SHE departments and with Group / 3rd party specialists where necessary.
RFM process Propose and justify modifications to improve safety, reliability, and efficiency, and production, environmental and cost performance.
Provide support to the site and to Maintenance and Inspection discipline engineers to ensure timely and effective delivery of modifications, including initiation of cases, design and engineering, assisting with the preparation of work packs, implementation on site and close-out. Production Engineering and studies Perform process studies for plant modifications related to process discipline or multi-discipline.
Ensure preparation of clear, concise and comprehensive RFM dossiers, and effective handover to asset Maintenance Team or 3rd Party Engineering Company for detailed engineering and implementation.
Provide process engineering input into the resolution of Downgraded Situations When relevant, review and comment on RFM dossiers.
Ensure appropriate process engineering input to HAZOPs, HAZIDs, Risk Assessments, SIL assessments and other technical safety assessments / audits, both during the actual assessment and during subsequent action resolution.
Ensure appropriate process engineering input to Commercial and Development studies carried out by the Performance and Growth Team. Ensure appropriate engineering assistance to Shutdown Team. Check work progress for other team members.
Monitor costs and ensure that expenditures are within budget values. Management of 3rd party vendors In coordination with the asset project engineers and contract representative :
• Prepare scopes of work for 3rd party vendor / consultancy services to carry out study and modification work
• Undertake technical bid evaluations on 3rd party proposals
• Provide support for preparation of SAP requisitions for the procurement of materials and 3rd party services.
• Manage the interface between 3rd parties and site operations.
• Monitor progress of 3rd parties carrying out study / design and engineering work to ensure timely and cost effective resolution of production / safety / integrity issues.
Degree in Chemical/Petroleum Engineering or equivalent 6 – 10 years experience in oil and gas process/production or refining Chartered or equivalent Extensive knowledge of onshore/offshore process and production systems Knowledge of industry norms and specifications Knowledge of Company Rules and General Specifications Experience of working on an onshore/offshore production facility