Our client, who are an Operator are looking to source a Senior Project Engineer to join their team in Aberdeen
This is a contract role for 6 months
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible for the safe and effective execution of the following activities:
• Via efficient Project Management skills provide continued assurance to the Management team that consequences of on-going cell behavior is fully understood, communicated and mitigated such that the risk to the decommissioning project is minimized throughout the project life cycle
• Manage and co-ordinate a small multi-discipline technical team to fully understand and document on going fluid behavior with cell groups/legs and associated pipework
• Participate in Gate, PEER and design reviews and ensure project strategies and timelines are visible to management / other work stream
• Be responsible for ensuring ongoing suitability of the Safety Case, including MAH identification, and associated performance standards are in place and fit for purpose in light of further understanding of cell behavior
• Co-ordinate Offshore Operational activities in support of the project.
• Actively manage any Engineering scopes via MS&H (Make Safe & Handover) Team from concept through to execution
• Provide regular and concise communication packages to all stakeholders
• Develop scopes of work, tenders and thereafter manage external contractors who may be carrying out FEED or conceptual studies on behalf of for all levels of jobs • Manage and control overall cost reporting, variance and forecasting from initiation to completion of work scopes
• Develop work plans for integration into overall decommissioning work programme and asset plans (90 + 28 day)
• Develop approval documentation, including decision papers and business cases, for key stages of the project
• Ensure all work complies with Management of Change procedure
• Support supply chain in technical specification of sub-contract scopes of services as required
• Interface with regulatory bodies and certification & verification authorities as required
Qualifications & Experience:
• Strong Operations experience ideally with an Operator/Duty Holder - experience in a similar role with a UKCS operator would be preferred
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline – Process Engineering and/or Project Management
• Chartered Engineer or ECITB accredited status
• Experience of managing a complex problem from concept to execution with a small technical team
• Project Management coupled with Assurance/Peer review experience with history of a Management/Senior Project Engineer role for multiple departments/ work streams
• Strong knowledge of fluid dynamics
• Experience with Concrete Gravity Base storage systems is preferable
• Good working knowledge of offshore activity in particular leg/Confined Space Entry activities
• Strong project risk and planning experience on complex projects with multiple disciplines is preferable
• BOSIET, MIST & OGUK Medical.
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.