We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Legal Advisor to join our client in London on a contract basis for 12 months.
The position will report to Legal Manager and support executive management on business activities relating to assets
• Drafting and negotiation of key development contracts
• Working with external project finance counsel in the development financing arrangements, such as senior and mezzanine debt and integrating the same with the development contracts and Group finance arrangements
• Ensuring compliance with joint venture arrangements and any necessary amendments to dovetail the same with the development
• Licensing, local facilities, taxation and associated matters
• Supporting business development endeavours
• Given the multi-faceted nature of these business activities, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to deepen and broaden their experience of development operations, on a world scale project
Key Accountabilities :
• The approach to joint venture, supply chain and other contracting arrangements,
• The documentation governing assets, the oil and gas licensing and regulatory regime, in each case in respect of the business
• Support and advise internal stakeholders on the drafting and negotiation of contractual arrangements in respect of supply chain operations
• Provide timely, practical and commercially orientated advice to internal stakeholders on legal arrangements governing interests, including ports and supply bases
• Support business development projects as required
• Manage external legal resources and help build productive relationships with BU suppliers.
• Work with, and where relevant lead, negotiation teams, and support the resolution of disputes to optimize position
• Provide legal support to complex projects, under time pressure
• Produce a high quality of legal documentation
• Ensure contracts achieve an appropriate allocation of risk and reward between the company and the contractors
• Bachelor’s degree level education
• Hold a current legal practicing certificate from a relevant jurisdiction
• Membership of professional and industry bodies
Candidate Profile Skills / Experience:
• The role will require a strong understanding of oil and gas contracting and an ability to swiftly understand the risk position and help to deliver that in contractual arrangements
• Candidates with significant relevant experience in the oil and gas industry gained at an international law firm, operator or services company
• Exposure to development and supply chain activities would be highly regarded
• M&A and project finance experience is desirable but not essential
• Strong commercial awareness and an interest in the oil and gas sector
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.