We currently have an opening for a Senior Workshop Technician to join one of clients based in Aberdeen.
This is a permanent role with the client
To undertake the repair, service and calibration of Company equipment within the Aberdeen Workshop and Warehouse, to meet agreed timescales, quality standards and internal/external expectations
• To undertake complex and standard repairs, services and the calibration of Company equipment, some of which will be to component level whilst ensuring maximum operational effectiveness by meeting all timescales and quality standards through appropriate prioritization of workload, effective equipment, adequate stock levels and use of Company systems.
• To provide accurate and timely repair quotations
• Liaise with and advise customer’s technical representatives on the status of repair whilst maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
• To facilitate the day to day work of the Trainee Workshop Technician by providing guidance, technical support and imparting knowledge to ensure that all outputs are in line with Company and customer quality processes, procedures and standards.
• To provide support to the Workshop Supervisor in generating weekly management information covering levels of activities, ie status of repairs etc and general operational issues.
• To escalate to the Workshop Supervisor and the necessary internal departments, any issues impacting on delivery, local operational efficiency and/or customer satisfaction and provide technical advice on how the issues may be resolved.
• To deputise for the Workshop Supervisor in their absence by coordinating the day to day allocation of work within the Aberdeen Workshop and Warehouse and provide technical guidance and supervision on complex repairs and services.
• HNC/HND in Electronics
• Valid driving license for use in the UK
• Established knowledge and experience of undertaking fault finding
• Experience of standard and complex repair, service and calibration work
• Proven experience of mechanical assembly
• Experience of delegating work and providing technical guidance to less experienced members of the team
• Experience of providing management information on status levels within a Workshop environment
• Experience of providing customer service in a technical environment
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
• There may also be the need to go offshore.
Mark has extremely well rounded knowledge and experience of the Aberdeen recruitment market as well as the recruitment search landscape. He supports the AAA Operations team who focus on Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Engineering, Supply Chain and Health & Safety resourcing.
Call me now on 01224 259433 to discuss this vacancy.