We have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Contracts Engineer to join our client in Aberdeen on a permanent basis.
Description and Main Purpose of Job:
To provide contractual and commercial support within the Tendering Department to ensure it’s contractual and commercial risks at all times during the preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals. Accountability and Key Performance Areas Responsible for the daily execution of the tendering process, reviews and analysis of company risks associated with each tender, accountable for the collation and submission of the tender proposals in accordance with client Invitation to Tender (ITT) requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for supporting and guidance of Contracts Engineers and Graduate Contracts Engineers as well as all activities, commercial and contractual associated with preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals
• Provide support and guidance to Contracts Engineers and other members of the Commercial Department and Tendering team
• Liaise with Project Manager-Tendering /Business Development as required to take receipt of tender documentation
• Work closely with the Project Engineer/technical support persons to develop the optimum tender solution with least risk
• Liaise with Proposal Coordinator to set up and maintain a tender folder (electronic and hard copy) utilising standard contents list from receipt to execution
• Prepare for and chair all required internal meetings in accordance with the tendering process
• Liaise with other departments to ensure all documentation required is contained within the tender submission
• Compile and manage all commercial and contractual qualifications for the tender submission and review all technical qualifications
• Assist the Proposals Coordinator with the compilation of the tender document
• Review, execute and distribute all contractual documentation as required including obtaining all necessary approvals in line with the authorisation matrix and company processes
• Ensure proper handover of all tender documents between from Tendering to Operations project team in the event of Contract Award
• Assist Company with project cost analysis to support improvements in estimating and business improvements in project teams
Experience, Competency and Skill Requirement:
• Educated to degree level, preferably with a Law, Business or Quantity Surveying qualification
• Considerable work experience as a Contracts Engineer preferably within the Oil & Gas or Construction industries
• Sound contractual knowledge and analytical skills
• Experience of tendering or project execution including estimating, qualification of contract and commercial documentation, negotiating, cost forecasting and reporting
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.