Maternity cover contract with my client based in Aberdeen. Working in conjunction with the Finance Manager, our client is looking for someone with the ability and willingness to get involved in all areas of Finance. Candidates will ideally be available at short notice.
• Manage statutory, tax and compliance matters for the Group, its subsidiaries and branches. This will include:
- Co-ordinate annual and interim audits with company auditors.
- Co-ordinate internal audits.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and prepare/co-ordinate any overseas submissions as required.
- Prepare annual reporting package.
- Prepare and record monthly tax provisions and prepare/co-ordinate any overseas tax provisions as required.
- Co-ordinate tax payments to regulatory authorities.
- Prepare annual corporation tax return and prepare/co-ordinate any overseas returns as required.
- Control and co-ordinate the Balance Sheet reconciliation process ensuring all accounts are prepared, reviewed and approved with appropriate supporting backup.
- Prepare the monthly VAT and intrastat returns.
- Prepare Office for National Statistics (OFNS) submissions.
• Manage payroll procedures and payroll submissions to external payroll agency including:
- Review monthly payroll submissions in accordance with agreed timetables.
- Review monthly reimbursable expenses ensuring that they comply with company policy.
- Submit annual PAYE settlement agreement returns.
- Co-ordinate the tracking of Foreign Nationals and Business Visitors to ensure tax compliance.
• Organise and control all accounting work for company Overheads:
- Ensure that all incoming invoices are booked correctly (chart of accounts).
- Prepare all intercompany invoices in accordance with contracts.
- Prepare accurate accruals to ensure correct timing of income and costs.
- Ensure all journal vouchers are supported with appropriate documentation.
- Prepare management reports with commentaries.
- Coordinate and prepare Hyperion input in accordance with internal requirements and agreed timelines.
• Act as focal point for all insurance arrangements (non-rig) and lease agreements entered into.
• Support the Finance Manager with any other issues and undertake specific projects as required.
• Must be a member of one of the recognised professional accounting bodies (ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA) or suitably qualified by experience.
• Minimum of five years relevant experience in a technically challenging role.
• Effective and proven communication skills.
Please get in touch for further details!
With over 10 years experience in generating relationships and understanding people, I take great pride in helping individuals get what they want. Now specialising in the mid-senior level Accountancy field, I feel that my success in previous years has given me the knowledge and expertise to help you. With significant success already in placing people locally as well as internationally, I look forward to speaking to you and helping you source a role that gives you everything you are looking for.
Call me now on 01224 259425 to discuss this vacancy.