We are working with our client based in Aberdeen to source a Risk Engineer.
This is a 12 month contract role with the client
• To be responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of all Risk Management activities and associated documents on multiple project scopes / business endeavours.
• Ensure application of Risk Management process to assigned Operating Unit projects throughout their full lifecycles.
• Provide guidance and support of junior Risk Engineers throughout their training. Key Responsibilities
• To promote and build good working relations within the internal and external teams.
• Maintain a high level awareness and application of Risk Management activities within each project..
• Prepare, update and maintain project Risk Management activities, throughout the project lifecycle and across the 7 step process:
• Ensure the timely issue of accurate, updated Risk Management Plans and associated documents at the agreed intervals.
• Provide guidance to Project personnel in defining Risk Management objectives based on project objectives and support application of the risk process.
• Utilise a number of risk identification techniques in order to facilitate risk identification sessions
• Develop and implement risk assessment criteria as part of a project risk register.
• Assist Risk Owners with the selection of appropriate risk response strategies and development of action plans to address identified risks.
• To assist project or functional personnel in the familiarization and consistent application of Risk Management software tools and associated process.
• Facilitate Risk workshops and develop project Risk Registers which act as repositories for all risk related information.
• Conduct with Cost / Schedule Risk Analysis Workshop sessions, facilitating workshops and developing associated outputs.
• Support and encourage managers and business units in the use of Decision Analysis on projects where applicable
• Ensure the timely issue of accurate, updated reports and associated documents at the agreed intervals. • Regularly engage with project teams, attending and contributing to project meetings as deemed appropriate.
• Provide input to development in project Risk Registers
• HNC / HND (in relevant discipline)
• IRM International Certificate in Risk Management (or an alternative risk qualification) Desirable:
• BA or BSc degree (min. 2:1) in Risk Management, alternative subjects considered can include: Project Management, Engineering, other analytical disciplines.
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.