We are working with our client based in Aberdeen to source a Project Engineer with FPSO Installation experience
This is a permanent role with the client, which will be based in Aberdeen
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the role holders will be responsible for providing Marine Warranty Surveying and engineering consultancy services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of Marine Warranty Surveyor services on high profile offshore developments worldwide, on behalf of many of the major oil and gas companies and their underwriters.
These projects involve the provision of third-party review and approval of high value and/or high risk marine construction and transportation projects.
The key elements of the role include:
• Project management of Marine Warranty Surveyor contracts.
• Technical review and verification of procedures, design and analysis documentation as applicable to marine construction and transportation projects.
• Onshore and offshore site attendance to witness and approve of marine operations.
• Attendance at Risk Assessment workshops.
• Engage in design and analytical work such as structural design, Cargo Sea fastening design, mooring analysis design and hydrodynamic analyses.
• Prepare proposals for bids and tenders.
• Liaise with clients to ensure project completion and customer satisfaction.
• Liaise with other departments and offices.
The successful candidate will hold the following skills and qualifications:
• A degree qualification in Naval Architecture or Structural/Civil Engineering, Mechanical or Subsea Engineering or equivalent.
• Relevant project based experience in marine and offshore projects preferably within the oil and gas sector.
• A solid understanding of engineering principles and analysis techniques.
• Theoretical and practical experience in marine operations such as the design, transportation and installation of fixed and floating offshore structures, subsea structures and flexibles.
• High standard of communication and reporting skills.
Client interface and report writing is an integral part of the role and fluency in English is essential.
• Well presented, articulate and capable of working unsupervised and at times under high pressure.
• Competency in using Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
The following skills are desirable:
• Experience in execution of Marine Warranty Surveyor services.
• Knowledge of specialist software such as GHS, Moses, Orcaflex, STAAD, SACS.
• Knowledge of industry codes/standards applicable to marine construction activities, such as DNV, ISO, AISC and API.
• Chartered Engineer status and a member of an accredited professional society such as RINA or IMarEST
• Experience in FPSO mooring systems and mooring analysis
• Experience in decommissioning projects.
• Experience in renewables projects
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.