We are recruiting on behalf of our client based in North Aberdeenshire to source a Project Engineer.
This is a permanent, staff position
To deliver contracted products and services to agreed client specifications on time and budget whilst emulating our company values.
To define engineering work products, resource requirements and delivery timelines required to support project manager in meeting contracted objectives.
Delivery timelines required to meet the contractual objectives
Responsible for output of key discipline/function. Coordinates and leads daily activities of direct reports. Spends a portion of time performing the work of those they supervise. Utilises professional knowledge and experience to set departmental goals, aligned with functional strategy.
Focuses on delivery of departmental goals. Provides input into budget and workforce planning as required. Oversees schedules and workflow of the team.
Knowledge in specialised field and broad knowledge of related disciplines within the organisation.
Develops standard operating procedures, checklists, guides and tools and ensures they are current and adherence.
At least 6 years of directly related experience and knowledge of industry/discipline practices and procedures.
Drives continuous improvement. Required to convey information and as necessary persuade stakeholders/audiences.
May require the initiation of contacts to resolve and discuss mutual problems or collaboration on procedures or transactions.
Frequently advise others on complex matters.
May convey information to audiences not knowledgeable of the subject matter. Has an objective view of difficult work problems.
QUALIFICATIONS and SKILLS REQUIRED
• Degree level qualification in Engineering or similar
• Mechanical/Hydraulics/Electrical/PLC background
• Qualification in Project Management preferable
• IT Skills: MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, MS Project
• Self-motivated and uses initiative
• Excellent organisational /communication/time management skills
• Effective team player, ability to coach, mentor and engage employees
• Previous experience with manufacture/service of back deck and mechanical handling equipment
• Ability to review specifications, prepare work packs, plans, management of modifications
• Experience in FAT, mobilization/demobilization of equipment for offshore/overseas
• Ability to support offshore personnel with trouble shooting when required
• Previous experience of working offshore preferable
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.