We have an opportunity for an experienced Project Accountant to join our Operator client in Aberdeen on a contract basis for 12 months.
To control the creation, monitoring and closure of projects and associated expenditure for the UK Business Unit Accountabilities and End Results:
• Use SAP system to set up new projects and ensure that project approvals are in accordance with the Authority Limitations Manual (ALM).
• Liaise with Joint Venture (JV) accountants, Business Analysts and Cost Controllers to ensure that project costs are regularly reviewed and forecasts are updated.
• Provide monthly reports on project expenditure, highlighting any over/under expenditure and seeking explanations of any variances.
• Ensure that completed projects are closed on a timely basis.
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
• SAP / ALM / Position Code updates Primary Functions:
• Monthly project reporting
• Follow up on project Exceptions
• Creation of new projects within SAP
• Maintain Project Register
• Advise Business Analysts on process for project creation
• Review and close out of completed projects
• Submit Quarterly Capital Assets Survey
• Internal and External audit support as required
• Continuous development of improved methods of working
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations
• Maintain SAP ALM Position Codes Critical Skills:
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Good working knowledge of MS Office programs, particularly MS Excel.
• Good interpersonal skills across all levels of the organisation, internally and externally.
• Accounting background (academic or work experience)
• Strong communication, networking, collaboration and well developed team-working skills.
• Commitment to corporate core values.
• Results focused with a commitment to the delivery of “best in class” service to the business.
• Willing to challenge existing practices and implement initiatives.
• SAP system knowledge/experience
• Knowledge of UK Oil & Gas Industry
• Experience within an operating asset environment.
• Experience of Project Controls & Accounting
Eilidh and specialises in commercial recruitment for both temporary and permanent vacancies. She enjoys working with both candidates and clients to ensure she delivers the best service possible. Call her on 01224 259430 to discuss any of the vacancies here, and to discuss your options with AAA.
Call me now on 01224 259430 to discuss this vacancy.