We are working with our client based in Aberdeen to source an experienced NDT Technician (Radiographer).
This is a permanent role
Responsible for carrying out Non Destructive Testing activities within the base in accordance with client requests and in compliance with Inspection, Quality, Heath, Safety, Security and Environmental Procedures and Regulations
• Carry out Non Destructive Testing in line with company procedures and UK regulations.
• Read and become familiar with company Local Rules for Radiography paying particular attention to the contingency plans and emergency contact information.
• Ensure all NDT equipment required for inspection is calibrated before use. Perform any pre-inspection checks as stated in company procedures.
• Assisting with Hydro Testing, NDT, and Heat Treatment activities as required by the NDT Supervisor and NDT Manager
• Perform pre-use safety checks on all equipment prior to use. Maintain good housekeeping of work areas at all times. Always tidy up at the end of each job and make worksite safe.
• Adhere to all policies, procedures and risk assessments provided by Industrial Services, and co-operate with Management in the development and continuous improvement of these documents.
• Complete Job Cards with accurate results of the inspection. Include all relevant information such as film size and type.
• Maintain stock levels for NDT consumables and assist in the re-ordering as necessary.
• Liaison with Department Managers to agree schedules for work execution.
• Maintaining good relationships with Client representatives.
• Radiation Protection Supervisor. Carry out duties as required by the IRR99 Regulations.
• Radiograph Interpretation. Review graphs for Accept/Reject and sign off
• Review all inspection reports produced under your name to ensure all information is correct and sign to approve results given.
• Operate forklift trucks as required for loading & unloading client vehicles. Perform pre-use checks on forklifts.
• Lifting Focal Point for NDT department. Plan and oversee non-standard lifting operations when required.
• PCN Level II Rad/MPI/DPI required
• PCN Level II Ultrasonic Inspection preferred but not essential
• PCN Level 2 RPS preferred but not essential
• Valid Full UK driving license
• Forklift Truck Certificate
• LOLER Focal Point/Lifting Inspection Training
• Hydrostatic pressure testing experience essential
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.