Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for a Logistics + Infrastructure Manager to join their team for a contract role for 12 months based in London
Proactively managing the logistics and infrastructure projects which are required to support the project from planning through to operation
The role will encompass all elements from well construction through to steady state production with some infrastructure construction requirements.
Overseas travel will be essential together with longer stays as required.
• Accountable for logistics in support of the well construction, subsea and FPSO installation and production phases
• Management of aviation and marine services from tender through to execute
• Dock facilities
• Well construction and production yards including warehousing
• Mud plant
• Transit accommodation
• Waste management
• Liaise with technical teams, Wells, Operations, Subsea to ensure that logistics and infrastructure requirements are mapped and delivered in time.
• Building strong working relationships with contractors, the authorities and internal company stakeholders.
• Direct management of a logistics and infrastructure team.
• Maintain and develop up to date cost estimates and management of estimates through the organisation.
• Risk assess and contingency plan for logistics resilience.
• Scoping of work programmes and facility/equipment specifications for tenderers
• Liaison with end-users over their operating requirements
• Co-ordination of support and input from FIBU functions including commercial, legal, C&P, finance and the Stanley office who will provide the local interfacing.
•Communicating the Logistics and Infrastructure plans and updates to all stakeholders
•Resolving FI specific matters due to the unique in-country environment
•Managing contractors and supply chain
• Financial accountability / activity indicators
• No budget allocated
• Reporting and management relationships
• Drilling, Logistics and Infrastructure Manager Direct reports (internal employees / external parties):
•Logistics and infrastructure contract specialist
•Consultants and Contractors Liaison with (internal employees / external parties):
• Senior FIBU Management Team • Stanley office
• FIBU London based Function ‘
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
• Membership of relevant professional and industry groups
Candidate Profile Skills / Experience:
• Demonstrable experience managing remote logistics requirements including, fixed wing services, helicopter services, OSVs, transport vessels.
• Strong commercial and contracting background including aviation, marine and infrastructure projects.
• Demonstrable understanding of Drilling and Production supply chain requirements.
• Has monitored and reported contractor progress in developing infrastructure. Working knowledge of construction processes.
• 15+ years’ experience in oil related projects.
• Demonstrable project management skills.
• Port experience preferred
• Previous experience managing operations in a remote environment.
• Experience working in regions with Local Content requirements
• Able to deal directly with government, government authorities, business community and other stakeholders on behalf of the company Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
• MS Office tools Attributes and behaviours:
• Proactive self-starter who can motivate and organise a small team.
• Can plan and work independently
• Technical planning and presentation skills
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Financially numerate and commercial acumen
• Able to display a sensitive approach to a variety of stakeholders
• Respect for host country culture and an appreciation of socio-economic issues
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.