We are working with our client based in Aberdeen to source an experienced Legal Advisor on a contract basis for 12 months.
This will be a part time role to cover 3 days per week
The Legal Advisor will give high quality, pragmatic, commercial advice.
They will identify and minimize or mitigate legal risk and add value by enabling the company to take well-informed decisions.
• Legal advice and support will be provided to different divisions and business units
• The Advisor will be responsible for identifying and mitigating all contractual and legal risks through the development and application of appropriate policies, processes and procedures for consistent review of contract terms and conditions.
Job Specific Duties Include:
• Advising on issues arising with regard to contracting protocols and best practice
• Assist in legal reviews of Ts & Cs of bids and help commercial functions with drafting of qualifications
• Drafting and negotiating preliminary agreements including confidentiality agreements; MOUs; heads of terms; consortium agreements, joint-venture agreements
• Advising on securities e.g. bonds and guarantees
• Ensuring that sub-contract terms and conditions are appropriately drafted
• Supporting management in initiation and preparation of variations and claims.
• Ensuring consistency of corporate behaviours relevant to group standards (e.g. anti-bribery & corruption, diligence and governance)
• Engaging and managing external lawyers
• Advising on implications of applicable local laws, including working with local legal advisors
• Providing a legal risk management and mitigation service to the wider business including researching and monitoring legal developments in areas affecting the business, advising and working with colleagues to ensure timely and effective compliance with relevant legal requirements
• Providing reports and management information on legal matters, legal risk management and on the operation of the department’s business
This role would suit a well-qualified solicitor with an academic background and strong private practice skills from well-regarded commercial law firms with PQE experience in one or more of the following general areas:
• Contentious or non-contentious construction/engineering contracts
• Commercial contract drafting
• Onshore/Offshore oil & gas contracts for construction, engineering, maintenance, operations (e.g. FPSOs, installations)
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.