Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for a Lead Subsea Equipment Engineer to join their team for a contract role based here in Aberdeen.
• Coach, mentor and challenge the Flexibles Contractor and Subsea Equipment Contractor
• Responsible for the Flexibles and Subsea Equipment Scopes and associated Functional Design Specifications as well as design and test documentation
• Assist with preparation of ITT documents and contracting philosophies
• Technically assess tenders and clarifications, negotiate details to suit project requirements and make technical recommendations for award
• Review Flexibles Contractor and Subsea Equipment Contractor scopes of work to ensure delivery for designs, engineering, fabrication, products and installation are all within agreed budget, payment and engineering schedule and defined milestones
• Oversee the development of Flexibles Contractor and Subsea Equipment Contractor philosophies, work procedures and specifications
• Partake in the general development of schemes and installations methods with original work and working in conjunction with other disciplines
• Review and ensure that Flexibles and Subsea Equipment Contractors’ designs and equipment meets FDS requirements within the scope of the contract and are installable
• Ensure testing and integration of Flexibles and Subsea Equipment elements in the whole design and across respective contracts
• Assist in conjunction with the Flexibles Contractor and Subsea Equipment Contractor Production Assurance principles to the Subsea system and implement same through contractor’s work and deliveries
• Review contractors’ plans and procedures for demonstrating integrity at key stages of Testing (FAT, EFAT, FIT, SIT) and proof of Operation on Seabed
• Liaise and interface with rest of Project Team and Contractors to ensure efficient delivery of Flexibles and Subsea Equipment
• Through application of QA / QC, ensures equipment is qualified and tested to meet project ITP and ensures system may be independently Validated and accepted by Regulator Technical Competency Role
• Relevant technical competencies on practical Flexible Flowlines / Risers / Jumpers and Subsea Structures design, engineering, fabrication, testing and system integration as well as installation.
• Qualification in Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Ocean or Underwater Engineering at Degree
• Sound engineering decision making
• Good Communication Skills Preferable
• Extensive experience in subsea / underwater environment
• Ability to work at various levels from senior management to workshop and offshore work sites labour, providing leadership in discipline area and to organize and direct technicians, skilled and semi-skilled labour through contractor’s management
• Recent & relevant experience delivering subsea systems including fabrication and construction
• Relationship building, especially in multi-cultural environment
• Experience in contracting framework would be desirable Should this position be of interest to you, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss this role
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.