Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for an Instrument Engineer to join their team for a permanent role based here in Aberdeen.
The main functions of the role are to:
• Provide instrument engineering and control support to the Operations, Projects and Decommissioning teams
• Identify and engineer modifications to field instruments, process control systems, process safety systems and Fire & Gas systems to improve safety, environment and reliability performance
• Work with the Turnaround team to plan and implement instrument engineering activities
• Manage vendors and support contractors
• Investigate safety, environmental and reliability events related to instrument, control, ESD and F&G systems and propose improvement actions
• Participate in safety and environmental reviews (HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SIL reviews, LOPA assessments etc.)
• Visit offshore to perform trials and commissioning, participate in investigations and coordinate the activities of service companies
• Candidates should have a relevant engineering degree (instrument engineering, electrical & electronic engineering etc.) and be working towards Chartered Engineer status. A minimum of 5 years relevant experience is required.
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.