We have an opportunity for an experienced I.T Operations Applications Specialist to join our operator client in Aberdeen on a contract basis for 6 months.
• Responsible for the primary support of operations applications, e.g. Maximo, PI, Prescient and others.
• Engage with business and technical personnel to assist in the support and development of the IT operations technical architecture that integrates into the wider enterprise environment and supports existing business processes
• Assist development of business and technical solutions using core products including PI and other reporting / dashboard tools
• Recipient of support responsibilities for new applications ready for service (adhering to HOTS process)
• Provide secondary cover for the support of other Enterprise Applications (Storage, Backups, Citrix).
• Provide backup and support for the wider services provided by the Applications Team.
• Awareness or experience of MS application Servers and middleware -e.g. MS SQL/BizTalk
• Contributing to the achievement of the Applications Team KPIs
• Participation In On Call Rota (1:6)
• Will be expected to assist in the following ( training will be given )
• Extended member of the Enterprise Applications/Server team responsible for managing the EPI Server Infrastructure including AD, Server 2008/2012, MS Exchange and providing second line support to team leads at other sites.
• Provisioning of virtual servers to the applications domain teams as required
• Undertake daily administrative/maintenance/monitoring tasks within the Isilon, Nimble, and Cisco UCS & VMware estate.
• Provisioning storage to various environments including the VMware farms
• Assisting the capacity manager with data growth and optimising resources
• Assisting with any software patching to ensure maintenance plans are conformed to.
• Assisting with DR testing where required
• Working with the Infrastructure/Application teams to identify any issues with current architecture, evaluating and demonstrating potential solutions Will be required to travel offshore occasionally and possible travel Qualifications
• A relevant university degree or relevant Oil & Gas Experience
• The job requires a good understanding of Storage Area Networks and experience and training qualifications on key technologies (e.g. EMC) would be expected.
• The job requires an understanding of policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the organization’s systems is required as is the ability to handle most issues independently.
• The job requires communication skills to find and acquire information, and provide discipline knowledge and rational arguments for action.
• English Language fluently spoken and written
• ITIL V3 Foundation and experience of an ITSM environment.
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.