Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for a I.T Local Support Specialist to join their team based in Aberdeen
This is a contract role for 6 months Main
• Extended member of the Enterprise Applications/Server team responsible for managing the EPI Database Estate including SQL Server 2005-2016 (Running on MS Server 2008-2012) and providing second line support to team leads at other sites.
• Primary responsibility for the design and evolution of the UK Database infrastructure and forward plan to migrate the London infrastructure from 40HV to a new location and longer term integration with technologies at other EPI sites
• Provisioning of Database servers to the applications domain teams as required.
• Undertaking and Audit and Remediation of the existing database estate in line with Best Practice.
• Undertake daily administrative/maintenance/monitoring tasks with the SQL Server estate.
• Assisting the capacity manager with data growth and optimizing resources
• Reacting to any alerts from monitoring platforms and escalate support calls
• Assisting with any software patching to ensure maintenance plans are conformed to.
• Assisting with DR testing where required
• Working with the Infrastructure/Application teams to identify any issues with current architecture, evaluating and demonstrating potential solutions
• Engaging as required with internal customers to understand future IT capabilities as appropriate
• Will be expected to assist in the following ( training will be given )
• Extended member of the Enterprise Applications/Server team responsible for managing the EPI Server Infrastructure including AD, Server 2008/2012, MS Exchange and providing second line support to team leads at other sites.
• Provisioning of virtual servers to the applications domain teams as required
• A relevant university degree or relevant Oil & Gas Experience
• The job requires a good understanding of SQL Server and experience and training qualifications on key technologies (e.g. MCSE, MCSA) would be expected.
• The job requires an understanding of policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of the organization’s systems is required as is the ability to handle most issues independently.
• The job requires communication skills to find and acquire information, and provide discipline knowledge and rational arguments for action.
• English Language fluently spoken and written
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.