We have an opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join our client who are an Engineering Consultancy in Aberdeen on a contract basis for 6 months
The Finance Manager is responsible for preparing the financial and management accounts for the organisation and the timely reporting of monthly and year to date results.
The Finance Manager will also be responsible for ensuring rigorous financial control at all times and overseeing / mentoring the finance assistant.
• Prepare weekly and monthly MI and Management Accounts for the Finance Business Partner and Divisional Finance Director to tight deadlines.
• Management of the company time-writing system to include role changes, new roles and cost / sell rate changes.
• Preparing monthly accruals including the revenue accrual.
• Checking coding on purchase invoices and capture any which should be recharged.
• Ensuring Sales invoices are prepared accurately and sent out to customers promptly.
• Ensure time sheets are approved in a timely manner to ensure maximum recovery from the client.
• Communicate with Project Managers to ensure all invoices are accepted by the client for payment and deal with any queries as necessary.
• Ensure rigorous financial control in line with the Group Finance Manual.
• Review of the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process and investigation of any differences.
• Oversee and mentor junior members of staff ensuring that they meet their full potential.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours
• Experience at Finance Manager Level. Previous experience of working in a PLC environment would be advantageous.
• Excellent analytical and numerical abilities
• Good level of IT literacy, including Excel, MS Office and ERP systems
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
• Ability to work under pressure and multi-task whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
• Ability to mentor and support junior members of staff
Eilidh and specialises in commercial recruitment for both temporary and permanent vacancies. She enjoys working with both candidates and clients to ensure she delivers the best service possible. Call her on 01224 259430 to discuss any of the vacancies here, and to discuss your options with AAA.
Call me now on 01224 259430 to discuss this vacancy.