Our client, an Oilfield Service Company who specializes in Flow Assurance is looking to source a Field Service Engineer to join their team in Aberdeen.
This is a staff position and will be primarily be onshore based with some offshore days within UK & abroad
Reporting to the Aberdeen Base Manager for day to day duties and if deemed appropriate, you will support the Company Service Department directly being responsible for the main duties stated below.
• Project manages small projects through enquiry stage to close out.
• Profit and Loss for projects managed.
• Generate written procedures and test plans for FAT’s or offshore scopes of work.
• Development and verification of specialist tools through testing
• Act as a focal point for Flange Weld Tester business unit.
• Act as a focal point for base equipment logistics.
• Liaise with customers, contractors and base personnel to co-ordinate timely deliveries to meet customer demands.
• Assisting with subcontract/ supplier control and management.
• Assist Base Manager with mentoring the workshop team on pressure testing & Adhoc scopes.
• Leading teams during offshore, overseas and site work.
• Adopt and promote a high standard of Health & Safety awareness.
• Create, review and revise risk assessments where applicable.
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to PE’s management team. Identify, investigate, resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner.
• Identifying opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
• Attend client meetings, as requested.
• Support the sales function in provision of data, bid support & client presentations/meetings.
• Assist in identifying additional service / product opportunities thus maximizing the revenue of the base
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to forge long terms relationships
Experience / Qualifications
• Educated to higher national certificate level in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role that has been gained within the oil and gas industry.
• Have a good understanding of pipelines and pressure retaining equipment as applied in the oil and gas pipeline industry.
• Knowledge of pipeline production cleaning and inspection programs would be an advantage.
• Experience in both office and field environments.
• Computer literate in Microsoft processing packages.
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.