We have an opportunity for an experienced Facilities Operability & Reliability Engineer to join our Operator client in London on a contract basis for 12 months.
• Lead the Operability, Reliability and Commissioning agenda for the FPSO and Subsea Facilities FEEDs
• Provide key support to the FPSO FEED and Subsea Managers in delivery of the FPSO and Subsea FEEDs as part of a small multidiscipline and globally spread client team, working closely with and overseeing the FPSO Contractor (and subcontractors’) activities.
• Ensure that the design and execution of the FPSO and Subsea Facilities is inherently focused on securing safe, efficient value for PMO through field life aligned to key client objectives related to asset remoteness.
• Drive the rigour of the FPSO Process design (desirable) and planning of Commissioning and Start-up phases to ensure efficient and stable early production.
• Transition into subsequent project execution and handover to operations phases.
• Compliance with the Company and Contract Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies and towards the development Safety Case.
• Delivering robust and efficient design and execution plans for the Operability, Reliability and Commissioning scope and other related aspects of the FPSO FEED according to client functional specification and project key aspects (remoteness, met ocean, etc.).
• Ensure that all engineering work is carried out in accordance with Asset priorities and schedules as set out in the project plan.
• Desirable - Contribute (Process) expertise to all aspects of FPSO development and associated interfaces to ensure an operationally robust production system.
• Supporting other discipline areas in growing team and interfacing significantly with Operations and Flow Assurance.
• Identify and apply appropriate value adding lessons learned from previous relevant projects. Major Challenges
• As part of a small client team mentor, coach and challenge the FPSO contractor to ensure that the FPSO delivers requirements.
• Deliver the Operability, Reliability, Commissioning (and Process scope) to ensure that the FPSO elements of the project are sanctioning ready.
• Chartered Engineer.
• University degree or equivalent in relevant discipline (Chemical Engineering preferred).
Candidate Profile Skills / Experience:
• 15 years relevant industry experience.
• Commissioning and start-up experience for offshore assets.
• Operations experience related to offshore assets – in technical support or front line role.
• Experience in client role working with FPSO contractors / shipyards / engineering contractors.
• Project engineering skills to support team delivery.
• Ability to write specifications and scopes of work.
• Ability to review and influence discipline engineering deliverables.
• Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
• Experience of UK Safety Case and associated regulations, tools and processes.
• Good knowledge of software packages for Topsides Process engineering (Desirable).
• Working knowledge of typical completions and commissioning systems for major projects.
• Attributes and behaviours:
• Safety leadership
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.