Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for an Environmental Scientist to join their team based in Aberdeen.
This is a contract role for 12 months
Accountabilities Provide support to the UK Business on Environmental matters by:
• Assessing the risk of interactions of UK BU activities with the Environment.
• Managing all environmental applications and permits required by UK facilities and any projects associated with them.
• Supporting activities required to maintain the certified Environmental Management System.
• Collation and Reporting of environmental emissions data.
• Reporting and investigation of environmental incidents.
Primary Functions & Dimensions:
• Managing Chemical, Oil Discharge, Offshore Combustion and emissions trading permits.
• Environmental Impact Assessments of activities including increased production, seabed impacts and noise assessments.
• Managing waste issues
• Managing sampling and analysis requirements for offshore discharges to sea and solid wastes.
• Managing Radioactive Substances issues and permitting.
• Internal and external reporting of environmental emissions data and information.
• Assisting in the preparation, review and submission of Environmental Statements, where required: providing advice to the project team to ensure that the project environmental requirements are met.
• Preparation of Oil Pollution Emergency Plans
• Providing environmental training/ information to both offshore and onshore staff
• Evaluating and providing technical advice to bids for new contracts.
• Conducting environmental audits.
• Previous experience working as a research scientist or in an analytical laboratory or with experience in providing environmental support within the oil and gas business.
• Minimum Requirement: BSc in Biological or Chemical sciences (if a more generic science degree is held then biology and chemistry at A/Higher level must be demonstrated).
• Optional Requirement: Higher qualification in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. MSc).
With over 10 years experience in generating relationships and understanding people, I take great pride in helping individuals get what they want. Now specialising in the mid-senior level Accountancy field, I feel that my success in previous years has given me the knowledge and expertise to help you. With significant success already in placing people locally as well as internationally, I look forward to speaking to you and helping you source a role that gives you everything you are looking for.
Call me now on 01224 259425 to discuss this vacancy.