BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provides specialist advice and support on environmental matters to the Company.
• Provides support to the Safety and Environmental Manager and other HSSEQ team members in ensuring the effective delivery of the Company’s environmental strategy.
• Ensures the environmental aspects of the Management System are regularly audited and updated.
• Acts as a key focal point for environmental issues for dedicated functions.
• Builds and maintains highly effective relationships with the Offshore HSE Advisors and Medics, working closely with the HSSE Department to help bridge the off/onshore gap.
• Advises on the implementation of current and emerging regulatory and company Requirements.
• Monitors compliance with permit conditions e.g. OPPC, ETS/PPC, chemical permits, radiation authorisations etc.
• Provides input into EMS (Environmental Management System).
• Contributes to ISO14001 certification and compliance activities.
• Contributes to the preparation and delivery of the HSSEQ department plans.
• Maintains effective relationships with Regulators and Government Agencies e.g. OPRED, OSDR, Marine Scotland, SEPA, JNCC.
• Participates in offshore platform/mobile rig visits as required.
• Maintains an overview of UK environmental performance, including emissions, discharges, and incidents and provides data to Asset and Operations teams as required.
• Contributes to relevant environmental risk assessments, responses and controls including the identification of Major Environmental Incidents (MEIs).
• Reviews and maintains Oil Pollution Emergency Plans (OPEPS).
• Supports Asset and HSSEQ teams with the delivery of relevant campaigns.
• Reviews and provides input into annual environmental KPI’s.
• Undertakes permit applications and variations and maintains environmental content of authorisations, permits & consents register.
• Provides input to environmental incident investigations, where appropriate.
• Focal point role for projects, actively supporting processes such as HSE plans, interface documents, PLANC registers etc.
• Conducts periodic audits/assessments on environmentally critical contractors.
• Co-ordinates offshore compliance audits and reviews and monitors delivery of plans.
• Promote and disseminate successful environmental practices.
• Attends relevant external events e.g. Oil & Gas UK Meetings, EEMS workshops, OPRED workshops, as required.
• Active member of the Incident Management Team.
• Provides input to the preparation of the annual environmental statement to OPRED.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or similar qualification
• BOSIET / MIST
• Degree qualified in an Environmental subject area
• Working knowledge of the HSSE requirements within the UKCS regulatory regime
• Environmental-related experience in the oil and gas or similar industry
• Good communication, co-ordination and facilitation skills.
• IT literate: Applicable database/s, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) to intermediate level
• Up to date knowledge of UK practice and environmental law and their impacts
• First-hand knowledge and experience of the UK oil and gas industry
Ability to travel offshore
• Excellent communication skills with ability to influence at all levels across the organisation
• Ability to win and build credibility at all levels of organisation
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to be proactive, pragmatic and deliver results
• Evidence of creative thinking with the ability to introduce new concepts and ideas.
Managers and team members – onshore and offshore
• Regulators e.g. OPRED, OSDR, SEPA.
• Oil & Gas UK/Industry bodies
• Specialist environmental consultancies
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.