We are working with our Service Company client based in Aberdeen who is looking for 6 x Drilling Fluid Engineers on a contract basis.
Must have worked in the North Sea/Central North Sea/West of Shetlands with experience of water based/oil based mud operations
• Provide onsite services by measuring, testing and supervising the mixing and pumping of drilling and completion fluids
• Provide technical analysis and specific recommendations for controlling fluids properties and maintaining fluids specifications
• Monitor the rig’s mud equipment for functioning efficiency and inform company representatives of any shortcomings
• Responsible for completing Daily Mud Reports and carrying out Hydraulics calculations, if required
• Ensure accurate Inventory of fluids and chemicals is maintained
• Demonstrate an understanding of the application, limitations and treatments of all products used in drilling and completion fluids
• Understanding of benefits and performance attributes and requirements for the use of Water Based and Invert Emulsion fluid systems.
• Demonstrate an understanding of all aspects of horizontal/extended reach drilling
• Show understanding of well control operations
• Maintain mud testing equipment and mud laboratory in a clean and safe working environment
• Maintain contact with the appropriate Fluids Co-ordinator and Operations Department onshore
• Ensure that handover notes are completed at the end of each shift and prior to departure from the rig and that the predecessor’s handover notes are read prior to starting a shift and on arrival at the rig site. All handover notes are to be kept on file
• Ensure the rig has appropriate Safety Data Sheets and inform rig crew of potential hazards of contact with chemicals
• Participate in rig Safety systems and initiatives and attend safety meetings and toolbox talks as required by the operator
• All relevant offshore certification will be required and rotations are flexible due to the depth of project portfolio being currently undertaken
• We would particularly welcome submissions from contractors who have worked in the North Sea/Central North Sea/West of Shetlands with experience of water based/oil based mud operations.
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.