Our Aberdeen based Oil & Gas client have an opportunity for a Divisional Manager in their Aviemore Manufacturing facility.
The Division is a key area of strategic importance within the company.
The role of Divisional Manager is to lead and manage the division and:
• Deliver the highest standards of quality and service in accordance with the Company policies and divisional objectives.
• Ensure all Key Performance Indicators, Sales, Margin and Cost targets are achieved.
• Develop, implement and maintain a manufacturing capability which supports the overall strategy and objectives of the Company. Leadership
• Accountable and responsible for the Divisional P&L.
• Fulfil a key leadership function and role in further developing the culture and focus needed, both at the Aviemore facility and in influencing this across the Group, to ensure that the division and company achieve their overall goals to drive business growth.
• Collaborate and communicate regularly with colleagues throughout the organisation to ensure effective transfer of lessons learned and development of best practices, including promotion of “best in class” working practices.
• To prepare, implement and administer an effective plan in relation to the products and services we currently offer within the department, those we agree to further develop and any new products to be introduced. Business Opportunity & Development
• Establish and cement strong relationships at appropriate management levels within our existing key customers, key target customers, relevant industry trade groups and broader key stakeholder groups. This includes promoting and marketing the Company’s products and services and offering technical assistance when required.
• Formulate development plans designed to ensure effective penetration of and relationship management within key representatives in Customer Organisations, compile sales forecasts and deliver against these.
• Promote and market the capabilities of the Aviemore facility and team, both across the Group and externally to increase awareness, seek new business opportunities and focus on business growth. Operations Leadership
• Overall responsibility and accountability for the Division.
• Responsible for providing leadership and direction to direct reports to ensure achievement of the Division’s goals.
• Ultimately responsible for ensuring compliance with the company’s HSE, Quality and HR management processes and systems in all work undertaken.
• Leading and participating in strategy reviews, internal and external operational audits, budgeting and inventory management processes.
• Responsible for the management and leadership of the Division in order to achieve the Customer requirements and other KPI’s within the budgets agreed by the Company.
• Ensuring that the work is produced and delivered through processes which are capable clearly specified and consistently controlled in conjunction with the Company’s Quality Procedures and customer specifications.
• To conduct regular reviews of the effectiveness of the department processes and implement actions regarding key areas for growth and improvement of services.
• Provision of regular and comprehensive reports to senior management on the status of the department key indicators with appropriate benchmarks drawn from external sources. Team Management • Responsible for the overall management, competency and personal development of employees within the sphere of control.
• To take responsibility for the day to day management of assigned personnel including carrying out performance reviews, objective setting; training and development needs; performance management; discipline and grievance handling, in line with the HR policies, procedures and processes.
• To promote and encourage a team working environment and a culture in line with the Company’s Core Values. Key Attributes
• Several years’ experience at a management level. • A demonstrable and strong track record of achievement.
• Exemplary leadership qualities and characteristics with the means to ensure the achievement of the stated purpose and overall responsibilities of the role whilst promoting and fostering a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead teams and build rapport with other managers and Directors and key strategic customers and maintain the external relationships consistent with the goals, philosophies and desired brand image of the Company.
• A good understanding of, and ideally experience within operational and project management areas, in the context of defining, implementing and executing improvement strategies and plans and the achievement of associated initiatives and objectives. The ideal candidate for this position will be educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g. engineering) and will have previous experience in a strategic leadership role within a manufacturing company.