We are working with our client based in Aberdeen who is a Subsea contractor to the Oil and Gas Industry to source a Control Systems Engineer.
This role is permanent
Provide support on control systems fleet wide to allow operation, maintenance, upgrade and replacements.
Additionally to ensure all control systems are installed and maintained in compliance with legislation and statutory codes
Control System Design
• Concept design for new control systems (centralised, decentralised, dual redundant, safety control systems)
• Design and development of control system functional specifications (software, hardware and instrumentation)
• PLC programming, testing, installation and commissioning as required
• Design of HMI and SCADA interface/front end • Specification and configuration of VSD
• Development of safety control systems to relevant IEC standards to compliment process and ensure a robust control system is provided
• Generation of drawings, schematics, I/O lists, functional design specifications, tender documentation, testing, installation and commissioning documentation, operation and maintenance manuals to support each of the above stages Control System Support
• Support all aspects of control system maintenance and upgrades including all steps outlined in system design (above)
• Support all stages of design, testing, installation and commissioning of new and modified control systems
• Audit/investigation of existing control systems, establish functionality and criticality on existing assets
• Identify and manage obsolescence issues with control systems
• Support incident investigation into control system failures, including occasional out of hours support/travel as required
• Management of 3rd party vendors during design, procurement, production, testing, installation and commissioning of as build data stages. This will include direct supervision of 3rd party personnel on sites/vessels
• Develop and support maintenance, inspection and audit regime across all control systems within assets, incorporate into maintenance software
Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics/Instrument Engineering Background: Essential:
• Several years in marine/offshore industry environment.
Working knowledge of the following or similar Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER), DNV Rules for Electrical Installation, IEC Electrical and control system standards
• Knowledge of primary movers and other large marine electrical installations
• Control systems experience including knowledge of programming, design and instrumentation of PLC, HMI, SCADA and VSD
• Understanding of Electrical protection, isolations and control system safety integration including installation and inspection procedures
• Software: familiarity of use with packages such as PLC, HMI, SCADA and VSD software
Should this position be of interest to you, please contact us and we will be happy to discuss this role
Mark has extremely well rounded knowledge and experience of the Aberdeen recruitment market as well as the recruitment search landscape. He supports the AAA Operations team who focus on Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Engineering, Supply Chain and Health & Safety resourcing.
Call me now on 01224 259433 to discuss this vacancy.