We have an opportunity for an experienced Contracts Engineer to join our client in Aberdeen on a permanent basis.
Responsible for all activities commercial and contractual activities associated with preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals.
Key Performance Areas:
• Sound knowledge of and adherence to the Business Management System (BMS) framework and governance
• To provide support to the Senior Contracts Engineers, Project Manager-Tendering and/or Commercial Manager – Tendering
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all activities commercial and contractual activities associated with preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals
• Liaise with Business Development/ Project Manager-Tendering as required to take receipt of tender documentation
• Compile and manage all pre and post tender Client clarifications in relation to the tender submission with the assistance of the Project Manager-Tendering
• Compile and manage all pricing documentation and any other associated documentation required in line with the tendering process
• Assist the Proposals Coordinator with the compilation of the tender document
• Provide all commercial and contractual advice to the management team including historical data to assist with the pricing strategy of the tender
• Attend and participate in Client negotiation meetings as/if required and prepare and distribute minutes accordingly
• Ad-hoc duties as deemed required by the Senior Contracts Engineer and Project Manager-Tendering
• Ensure proper handover of all tender documents between from Tendering to Operations project team in the event of Contract Award
Experience, Competency and Skill Requirement:
• Educated to degree level, preferably with a Law, Business or Quantity Surveying qualification
• Sound knowledge and expertise of commercial and contractual activities associated with preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals
• Relevant industry experience working within a Commercial office environment in a Contracts role
• Ability to plan and organise a high and varied workload and deal with changing / conflicting demands and priorities within the focus of the business, working unsupervised, alone or within a team towards a shared goal and to take responsibility for effectiveness of work
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.