Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for a Contract Specialist to join their team for a contract role based here in Aberdeen up until November 2018.
The Contracts Specialist is responsible for a significant area of spend in the business. The Contracts Specialist role will manage a suite of allocated contracts that underpin the day to day operational business and will therefore take responsibility for all stages of the contract management process from strategy development through to performance management, with full engagement from key business stakeholders
• Provide commercial support to internal and external stakeholders in all aspects of contracting for materials and services in support of the Company’s activity
• Develop strategy, tender, analyse, negotiate and award contracts to align with Supply Chain strategy and Operational Requirements Contribute significantly to safety and operational efficiencies, including the Company’s OPEX and CAPEX costs
• Assist with the compilation of meaningful statistics to ensure that they can maintain the Contractual records within the appropriate electronic and physical repositories and generally support the Buying Team on day to day contractual issues
• Assess contractual, financial and liability risk to the company
Education Attainment & Accreditation
• HND in Business, Finance or Law or suitable equivalent experience through on the job training and development
• Post Graduate Diploma or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Commercial Law
• Working towards or fully qualified Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) Professional skills & Experience
• Experience of SCM operations in the Oil & Gas Industry preferably with an Operator or Tier 1 Contractor
• Experience of Supply Chain Management in the UKCS with a good understanding of the marketplace, and contracting landscape as it applies to production operations, reservoir & wells and projects
• Experience with Strategic Sourcing, Category Management and Performance Management
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.