Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for a Chief Reservior Engineer to join their team for a 12-month contract role based in London
• Responsible for Reservoir Engineering functional endorsement of Investment Memoranda and all other relevant business decisions / processes requiring ExCo approval.
• Functional assurance of reservoir engineering for asset management and reservoir management.
• Accountable for global functional performance monitoring / assessment including:
• Assurance of technical quality in project teams through regular oversight (assists & reviews).
• Ensure conformance with reservoir engineering standards and policies.
• Work with subsurface personnel throughout to ensure that a fully integrated multi-discipline approach is utilised across the business.
• Responsible for providing guidance to reservoir engineering personnel in the Business Units or the Growth Team through coaching, mentoring, provision of expert advice and the identification of suitable third party consultants.
• Accountable for classification, quantification and reporting of companywide Discovered Resources per the Corporate Discovered Resource Policy.
• Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of the Company’s Defence Documentation.
• Assist the Group Subsurface Manager with workforce planning of Reservoir Engineering personnel, including:
• Assistance in recruitment of high quality staff and consultants; specifically, responsible for conducting a technical interview during the recruitment process.
• Performance appraisal recommendations.
• Training & development recommendations.
Petroleum Engineering Degree
• Significant (c.20+ years) post graduate experience in upstream oil and gas (exploration & production) with a key focus on reservoir engineering. Broader commercial/BD experience is valued.
• The ability to combine subsurface understanding with production systems constraints and ensure that this is proactively integrated with other disciplines (facilities, drilling, commercial, etc.).
• Expert reservoir engineer.
• Good understanding of G&G, RE, Production Systems Engineering, facilities, well design, petroleum economics and how these disciplines are inter-linked.
• Hands-on working knowledge of key software (Petrel, Eclipse, Kappa, Petroleum Experts IPM, etc).
• Good general knowledge of the oil industry
Mark has extremely well rounded knowledge and experience of the Aberdeen recruitment market as well as the recruitment search landscape. He supports the AAA Operations team who focus on Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Engineering, Supply Chain and Health & Safety resourcing.
Call me now on 01224 259433 to discuss this vacancy.