Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for a Business Development Advisor/ Manager to join their team for a permanent role based in London
The business development team, based in London, is looking to increase their capacity in origination and execution of portfolio-shaping transactions by recruiting a business development advisor/manager.
The candidate will typically have 10-15 years’ experience in the industry with relevant BD experience as a plus.
Candidates with subsurface, engineering, business or investment banking background, acknowledging that the role will involve a variety of activities spanning these areas.
• Origination & analysis: generate and contribute to screening acquisition opportunities arising through internal analysis, marketing of assets and companies by external parties and pro-active business development efforts, including own networks
• Project management: co-ordinate and drive the efforts of an evaluation team which will typically consist of multi- discipline staff and consultants across a number of locations
• External relations: be confident and have integrity when representing the team and company in an outward facing role as well as when communicating with senior stakeholders
• Negotiations: participate/lead in deal negotiations, related asset & finance discussions and transaction close outs
• Delivery: manage project deliverables including preparation of summary reports, investment and board papers outlining key subsurface, reservoir/petroleum engineering and commercial aspects of A&D opportunities
• Identifying key value items in assets and projects (including those that have been previously overlooked)
• Working under stress and to strict timeframes, often with limited/incomplete information and competing wider business priorities
• Stakeholder management
• Problem solving in negotiation
Business or technical university degree
Alan heads up the Infinity Resources business unit. Over 18 years of technical recruitment experience, supplying technical resourcing support to major oil and gas operators, epc's and service companies.
Call me now on 01224 259421 to discuss this vacancy.