The position is responsible for the preparation of VAT returns, working with the Senior Accountant to complete UK statutory accounts and submit returns and providing finance support to branches
Job Specific Duties:
• Accurate and timely completion of the VAT Group quarterly return, as well as providing assistance in the completion and review of separate VAT returns prepared for EPS
• Continuous improvement in the VAT return process to ensure it is efficient and fit for purpose for evolving HMRC requirements
• Investigating and resolving VAT issues arising from reviews of VAT accounting
• Assist in the completion and filing of statutory accounts under FRS101 for EPS UK entities and foreign branches, resolving issues that arise during this process in order to meet the filing deadlines.
• Work with auditors and the business to ensure all audit work is satisfactorily completed
• Assist where required in the completion of the tax computations for EPS West UK entities’ statutory accounts
• Ensuring completion of VAT and GST returns
• Processing financial transactions for branches as required
• Ensuring payroll processes in branches operating as required
• Assisting in the submission of corporate and employment taxes returns
• Assisting with new branch set up
• Working with group tax to ensure tax compliance in country
The successful applicant will ideally be working towards an accountancy qualification and have industry experience. The applicant must have VAT knowledge and experience in statutory accounts and foreign branches is beneficial along with ERP experience. Working with an international group of companies is preferable. Must be able to work to tight deadlines and have problem solving skills.
We require someone with high levels of accuracy, flexibility to respond to changing demands and good communication skills to deal with auditors
Tracey is the latest edition to AAA, she brings with her over 6 years of experience within recruitment across various industries. Her expertise lie in resourcing candidates across all disciplines from storeman to HR directors. Tracey prides herself on her ability to fill challenging positons within short timeframes to fit in with her clients schedules.
Call me now on 01224 259404 to discuss this vacancy.