Oil and gas operator currently have an opening for a Strategy Analyst to join their team for a 12 month contract role based here in Aberdeen.
The Strategy Analyst will support the development of Decommissioning and Transitional Assets strategy, including division and asset portfolio strategies through the following accountabilities and key duties.
Support the development of DTA strategy, including division and asset portfolio strategies
· Preparation of internal, external and opportunity analysis related to DTA’s core business
· Facilitate analysis and evaluation of strategic options, decisions and Risk into project selection
· Integrate with the Planning team to ensure consistency of methodologies, data and tools
· Participation in cross-asset activities which impact long range strategy, the decommissioning portfolio and the business plan
· Support the preparation and presentation of the annual Decommissioning Cost Estimate for both Plan cycles, the annual Technical Assurance and Advisory Group (TAAG) review as well as for shareholder requests and regulatory updates
· Assist in preparation of management material which is presented ExCom and Board meetings Key Duties Opportunity Analysis
· Perform comprehensive and accurate economic evaluations for project/portfolio opportunities based on value optimization and resource constraints
· Prepare of economic evaluation presentations and delivery of recommendations to management
· Complete economics requirements for leadership and approval presentations in support of investment/strategic options
· Apply, where appropriate, a Decision Risk Analysis technique in the evaluation of business opportunities
· Understand underlying data in support of analysis, be able to articulate this data and where necessary challenge the assumptions underlying the same
· Evaluate the robustness of such projects under various scenarios, including sensitivity analysis / decision trees in order to identify and quantify key risks and value drivers
· Liaise with relevant personnel to ensure consistency and accuracy of technical and commercial data and assumptions used for economic evaluation
· Support Business Analysts in developing capability for FM support. Strategic and Business
· Evaluate the robustness of projects under various scenarios, including sensitivity analysis / decision trees in order to identify and quantify key risks and value drivers
· Liaising with relevant personnel to ensure consistency and accuracy of technical and commercial data and assumptions used for economic evaluation
· Application of decision analysis methodologies including issue identification, option evaluation, risk analysis and identifying decision criteria
· Competitive and capability analysis including external and internal stakeholders from a corporate and asset perspective
· Facilitation and framing of conversations related to projects, strategic reviews and option analysis across various levels of the organization
· Support Late Life Asset Managers and Operations Managers with Performance Management as required
· Assist the Strategy & Finance Lead with any ad hoc tasks/ requests including activities such as business/ management requests, partner information request, shareholder analysis requests, regulatory surveys etc.
Education attainment & Accreditation
· Candidates will have a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Business, Economics or an Oil and Gas related technical background Professional skills & experience
· Strong investigative and analytical background supplemented by excellent computing skills - must have highly developed spreadsheet modeling skills
· Preferably candidates will have in depth experience across varying roles within upstream oil and gas including planning, analytical, accounting, commercial and/or an Oil and Gas related technical background
· Prefer a strong understanding of upstream Oil and Gas business from the perspective of asset development and strategic fit
· Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to relate to the big picture
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize, negotiate and manage numerous commitments
· Strong communication skills both written with a proven capability to simplify complex strategic and business issues in a succinct manner
· Excellent facilitation skills with a focus on building collaboration between various functions and business teams
· Practiced in the application of Decision Risk Analysis evaluation methodologies Interpersonal skills & qualities
· Excellent modeling and system skills focusing on economics and strategic analysis
· Ability to respond to rapid change and deliver in a timely manner
· Strong facilitation skills and techniques to ensure robust discussions around business and strategic topics
· Proactive / uses own initiative
· Enjoys working in a multi-discipline environment, often to demanding deadlines
With over 10 years experience in generating relationships and understanding people, I take great pride in helping individuals get what they want. Now specialising in the mid-senior level Accountancy field, I feel that my success in previous years has given me the knowledge and expertise to help you. With significant success already in placing people locally as well as internationally, I look forward to speaking to you and helping you source a role that gives you everything you are looking for.
Call me now on 01224 259425 to discuss this vacancy.